Choose the right stool sometimes can get complicated, lets start with the right hight
Measure the Height of your Bar or Counter at home or office, Start measuring from the floor to the top of the bar and remember to do it twice to ensure accuracy.
Take the height measurement of the bar and subtract 10″, that will be the approximate height of stool you should pick.
There are four common heights for bar stools:
Table height 16''- 23"
These are shorter than counter or bar stools and can be a good alternative to chairs at a dining table or breakfast nook.
- Generally between 16 and 23 inches tall
- Offers a casual look; often without backs
- Great choice for small children and kids' seating
Counter height 24"-27These stools are the ideal height for a 36-inch counter or to have on their own for extra seating. Are smaller than the typical stool you see in restaurant or bar, but are a great addition to your home bar or kitchen space.
- Popular option for kitchen islands
- Easy to use for most people
Bar height 28"- 33"
A 30-inch stool is the perfect height for a standard 42-inch bar or countertop. Bar stool are also ideal for a work space, like the garage. These are the same size stools you see in a restaurant or bar and are taller than the average dining chair.
- Ideal for standard built-in bars
- Versatile option for kitchen seating
- Not ideal for small children
Extra-tall bar height 33"-36"